Tirpitz the Pig
Tirpitz the pig was one of the only survivors of the German cruiser SMS Dresden. Plucked from the waters off of Portsmouth on May 14, 1915, the pig became the mascot of the HMS Glasgow, one of the ships that had destroyed his previous home. The pig was eventually retired to the Whale Island gunnery school in Portsmouth, but met his end in 1919 when he was auctioned off for charity as pork. He ultimately raised £1,785 for the Red Cross. Tim took this picture of Tirpitz's mounted head as it appeared in the exhibition.
By the way, a nice review of this show at the Imperial War Museum appeared in the Guardian (here).